Chasin' The Bone Race Updates
- August 2020: Registration is OPEN for our May 1, 2021 race! Our course is set and we're super excited to again be a USARA Nationals Qualifier. Sign up now and get early registration rates, get all the details here.
- February 2021: Reminder: early registration rates end February 28th, sign your team up soon!
- March 2021: Thanks to everyone that signed up and took advantage of early registration pricing. Haven't signed up yet? Mark your calendars and be sure to get your team registered by April 6th before late registration prices go into effect. We're moving full steam ahead with race planning and look forward to seeing you all on May 1st!
- April 12, 2021: We have pre-run the course and you are in for a treat! That treat being a full day of racing! That's right, we believe the course is un-clearable and route choice and strategy will play a huge role on race day. Approximate route distances have been announced on the Race Details page. Racer update #1 will be out soon and will include several racer to-do's prior to race day.
- April 20, 2021. Racer update #1 has been emailed to racers and is posted online here. There are mandatory items racers must complete prior to race day so please be sure each of your teammates has read the update and completed the mandatory items. The 2021 gear list has been posted here. Please check the Who's Racing page to make sure we have your team name & teammates listed correctly and in the appropriate race/division. Note, all coed 9-hour teams are elite.
- April 26, 2021: Racer update #2 has been emailed to racers and is posted online here. Please be sure you have received this update and that all of your teammates have as well. Directions to the race starts are located within this update and posted online here. Please make certain all team members have purchased a USARA license (copy must be brought to race check-in), and have filled out the race waiver (attach copy to USARA license & bring to race start). Reminder that all vehicles will need to have an annual or daily Wisconsin Park Sticker. For 9-hour racers, if you plan to do the mountain biking section, you will also need to purchase an annual or daily trail pass, these will also be available at the entrance staions. Most racers will likely skip the mountain bike section, see racer update #2 for details and plan accordingly. 4-hour racers DO NOT need a trail pass. We have been told there will be staff at the entrance stations of both starting locations to purchase vehicle and/or trail passes at park entry. We can't wait to see all of you on Saturday!
- April 26, 2021: 2021 race registration is closed. Thank you to all that signed up! Didn't get in and want to race? We may be able to accommodate you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 30, 2021: Mike Prucha has sent out the final update, please be sure to read through everything and ensure 1. All team members have purchased a USARA license (copy must be brought to race check-in) and have filled out the race waiver (attach a copy to USARA license & bring to race start). It is going to be HOT. There are a few spots on the course with water available, but please plan to be self sufficient and fill up when you are able to. An overview of the race has been posted on YouTube here. Bike locks: your bikes will be unattended during the Kellings O section (this is not an official TA/no volunteer will be here) so please take an extra minute to lock your bikes. With the nice weather we expect there to be a lot of people out in the state forest so take care with your belongings. If your team chooses to do the mountain bike section at Greenbush, bikes are ONLY allowed on the single track bike trails. You MAY NOT bike on the horse trails, ski trails or Ice Age trail. You must use the kayaks and canoes we are providing for the race. You may bring your own PFD and paddle. For the 9-hour racers, we will transport your paddle gear. For the 4-hour racers, the paddling takes place at your start/finish location so plan to put your gear back in your car when you are finished. Email us with any additional questions, we can't wait to see you all tomorrow!